Route into Work is a short pre-employment course for 16 to 25-year-olds in London designed to prepare you for meeting employers and applying for jobs, apprenticeships or placements in the transport and infrastructure industry. It helps to bridge the gap between skills shortages in the transport industry and an untapped pool of young, fresh and enthusiastic talent, using our unique collection.
We offer support and an opportunity to work to improve your skills like employer communication, presentation and job specific knowledge. We also offer free lunch, free entry to the Museum and ongoing 1-2-1 support throughout your application process.
We run course throughout the year when there is an employer has an opportunity coming soon.
Courses run for a wide variety of vacancies from Customer Service to Engineering.
We also work closely with our partners to ensure that support is sustained beyond the final day of the course.
What can I get from the course?
Each course is tailored to a live vacancy and you can expect to leave with:
- An increased awareness of the dynamic careers available in the transport industry
- Information and guidance on job specific entry requirements and employer expectations
- CV, interview, presentation, professional attitude and behaviour training
- First hand experiences of work environments through site visits and/or employer Q&A sessions
- An opportunity to meet a recruiting employer on the final day of the course
What do people say?
100% of participants rate the course as GOOD or EXCELLENT.
“I think the course was brilliant, personally I wouldn’t change anything. The best employment course I’ve been on. It’s helped me so much. I’ve learnt more in 3 days than some courses I’ve been on for weeks.”
Nura A RiW November 2015
Working with Cleshar Feb 2016 – present
For more information contact us on [email protected]
Email: [email protected]