London's First Skyscraper
Duration: 90 mins
Location: 55 Broadway, SW1H 0BD
Tickets: Adult £38.50, Concessions £33.50
Don't miss your chance to explore London's first skyscraper
Join TfL experts and enthusiasts to tour London’s first skyscraper, 55 Broadway. Considered radical and offensive when unveiled in 1929, this Grade I listed structure is now a marvel of art deco London.
The tour will give you privileged access to London Underground’s iconic headquarters, and a new perspective on the capital city as you journey up 14 stories of beautifully detailed offices, grand meeting rooms, and enjoy stunning rooftop views.
55 Broadway: London's First Skyscraper tours will be held on Saturday and Sunday, 12 - 13 October. To find out more about what tours are available, click the book now button above.
Your ticket price also includes a half-price one day pass to London Transport Museum* and 10% off all Hidden London inspired products at our shop.
*The ticket price includes a half price one-day pass to London Transport Museum (applies to the on-the-door price), and a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop (online and in store), both within one month of your event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies.
See the full Terms and Conditions and more important information on our Terms & Conditions page.
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals or shoes, or high-heels, will be refused entry due to health and safety restrictions.
- Hidden London 55 Broadway tours are approximately 90 minutes long.
- There are 22 places available on each tour.
- There are working lifts on site, however the lift is only available to access certain parts of the tour. There is no step-free access to the whole tour route.
- Access to parts of this tour are weather dependent – due to high winds, rain or storms the terraces on the 10th and 14th floors may not be accessible. If this is the case, a member of the Hidden London team will notify you at the start of the tour.
- There are toilet facilities within the building for guests to use.
- We request that guests meet in the 55 Broadway building reception, St. James’s Park, 15 minutes before the tour time shown on their ticket.
- A member of the Hidden London team will welcome and register you on the tour, talk through the Health and Safety requirements, issue guests with a wristband and check that everyone has appropriate footwear.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information that you will need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour.
- Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice. Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.