Aldwych: The end of the line
Dates: October – November
Duration: 75 mins
Location: Aldwych station WC2R 2NE
Tickets: Adult £41.50, Concessions £36.50
Explore one of London's secret stations
Aldwych station is one of London’s secret places, holding myths and memories of times gone by. Opened to the public in 1907, it was never as heavily used as originally intended and closed nearly 100 years later in 1994.
The station has had a varied history; from providing shelter to Londoners during the Blitz, to being used for film and TV shoots including The ABC Murders (2018), Darkest Hour (2017), Sherlock (2014), and Atonement (2007).
Join our tour and see the one of the former termini of the Piccadilly line– the ticket hall, the original lifts, abandoned platforms and tunnels, and inter-connecting walkways – including some that are very rarely seen by the public.
Aldwych: The end of the line tours will be run on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 18 October and 17 November. To find out more about what tours are available, please click the book now button above.
Your ticket price also includes a half-price one day pass to London Transport Museum* and 10% off all Hidden London inspired products at our shop.
Aldwych: Darkest Hour
Dates: October – November
Tour duration: 75 mins (excluding screening)
Location: Aldwych station, WC2R 2NE and London Transport Museum, WC2E 7BB
Tickets:Adult £65, Concessions £60
Add a complimentary ticketed screening of Darkest Hour
Calling all film buffs: this is an exclusive opportunity to get a glimpse into one of the locations where the blockbuster Darkest Hour was filmed.
Book this special Hidden London package to explore the disused Aldwych station, now an iconic filming location, before heading to London Transport Museum’s Cubic Theatre to enjoy a complimentary, ticketed screening of Darkest Hour in style with a glass of champagne
Aldwych: Tour and complimentary ticketed Darkest Hour screening packages will be run on Saturdays and Sundays between 19 October and 17 November. To find out more about what tours are available, please click the book now button above.
Your ticket price includes an Aldwych station tour ticket, a glass of champagne and popcorn at the London Transport Museum, as well as a free one-day pass to London Transport Museum* and 10% off all Hidden London inspired products at our shop.
* Aldwych: End of the Line ticket price includes a free one-day pass to London Transport Museum (applies to the on-the-door price). Aldwych: Tour & Complimentary ticketed Darkest Hour Screening tickets include a free one-day pass to London Transport Museum. Both ticket prices also include a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop (online and in store), within one month of your event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies.
See the full Terms and Conditions and more important information on our Terms & Conditions page.
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals or shoes, or high-heels, will be refused entry due to health and safety restrictions.
- Hidden London Aldwych tours are approximately 75 minutes long.
- There are 25 places available on each tour.
- There will be no cloakroom facilities available on site.
- There are 160 steps connecting the ground and platform level. There is no step-free access and no working lift on site.
- There are toilet facilities within the station at ground level. There are no facilities at platform level.
- We request that all guests meet outside the Surrey Street entrance of Aldwych station, 15 minutes before the tour time shown on their ticket.
- A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the health and safety requirements, issue guests with a wristband, and check that everyone has appropriate footwear.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information you need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour.
- Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice. Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
- After the tour, please make your way to the main entrance of London Transport Museum, located on Covent Garden Piazza, WC2E 7BB. A member of London Transport Museum staff will welcome you to the Museum and the screening.
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.