Date:Tuesday 14 May 2019
Duration: 150 minutes
Location: Oakwood station ticket hall
Tickets: Sold out
Be the first to find out when new tours go on sale by signing up to our newsletter
Ticket price includes a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within one month of your event date, and a 10% discount on Hidden London merchandise at LTM shop both online and in store within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies.
Oakwood, Southgate and Arnos Grove stations are three of the finest examples of Charles Holden’s innovative architectural style and the products of a seminal partnership Holden had with Frank Pick.
Learn how Pick’s idea of ‘fitness for purpose’ was applied consistently to the stations’ construction and compare these 1930s designs to the contemporary developments in the suburbs around them.
*Applies to on the door price
- Semi-Detached Holden tours are approximately 2.5 hours long.
- There are 12 places available on each tour.
- The tour takes place across public locations. There are no cloakroom or toilet facilities available.
- Please note the ticket price does not include the cost of travel. Please ensure you have sufficient funds available on your Oyster card, or that you have purchased a travelcard in advance of the tour.
- We request that guests meet outside the Oakwood Station ticket hall, 15 minutes before your tour start time. Your guide will welcome you and issue guests with a wristband.
- Semi-Detached Holden is an outside walking tour, so conditions on the tour will be affected by the weather, and access to some areas may be restricted due to adverse weather conditions.
- The tour includes walking and stair climbing and may not be accessible for those with mobility issues.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information that you will need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour.
- Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.