Curious families and inquisitive adults can test their skills, solve transport conundrums faced by modern day engineers, and enjoy a series of fun interactive exhibits.
The new gallery inspires an interest in STEM subjects and highlights the creativity, social value and sheer range of jobs available in engineering, with one exhibit asking you to choose the type of engineer you could become: a dreamer, planner or fixer. Visitors can test their skills, solve transport conundrums faced by modern day engineers, and enjoy a series of interactive exhibits:
- ‘Drive’ a modern Elizabeth line train
- Be famous for the day by starring on the cover of The Engineer magazine
- Scan your palm with the latest ticket technology
- ‘Fix’ a train as part of the hands on ‘fixer’ challenge
- Plan a greener and happier city
- See the remains of a lost spiral escalator
The Future Engineers gallery is delivered in partnership with Bombardier Transportation, DCMS Wolfson Museums and Galleries Improvement Fund, Luke Rees-Pulley Charitable Trust, Cubic Transportation Systems, Jacobs, Mastercard and Microsoft.
Take our quiz!
What do I do next?
- Find out more about engineering
- Play a fun engineering game
- Play the London Transport Museum’s engineering card game, Going Underground [PDF, 4.42 MB]
- Come along to the Big Bang Fair
- Visit the Future Engineers gallery or have a go with our fun school holiday activities